Repair or Replace My Furnace?
At Carbon Heating and Air Conditioning we are often asked by customers if it is in their best interest to repair their current furnace or replace it with a brand new system. Here is how we handle the following question.
- It is inefficient and old.
- The repair work is extensive.
- Repairs are greater than 50% cost of a new furnace.
- This is your third or more major repair on your furnace.
- The furnace is over or under-sized for your home.
- The unit is a new unit.
- The repair work is minor.
- Repairs are less than 50% of purchasing a new furnace.
- Less than 2 repairs in the last 10 years.
- The furnace is properly sized for your house.